Salary: £34,241 per annum
Hours: 35 per week
Closing date: 6 December 2021
Interview date: 14 December 2021
Location: Combination of office based / home working, you need to live a commutable distance to the office in Monks Cross, York
(Please note that due to Covid-19 all our interviews are taking place virtually for the foreseeable future. This vacancy is for a role at our parent charity, Family Fund, of which Family Fund Business Services is a subsidiary).
Are you looking for a role where your communications, marketing and leadership skills can directly benefit tens of thousands of families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people? Would you like to join a team that is determined to continue to provide vital services to those in need during these unprecedented times?
We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Manager to join our Communications and Marketing Team. In this role you will co-ordinate the core activity of the communications team and facilitate the delivery of Family Fund’s communications and marketing strategies, ensuring that all activities are cohesive, support the strategy and objects of the organisation and present Family Fund positively.
- Work with the Head of Group Communications & Marketing to support the development and implementation of Family Fund’s communications and marketing strategies, including identifying messages and plans for engaging with key audiences.
- Lead on the communications support and brand guidance for fundraising and service delivery teams, working with them to plan activity, refine key messages, and define target audiences.
- Lead on and support on the production and writing of relevant content such as news stories, campaign copy, email newsletters, website pages, external articles, press releases for Family Fund’s publications as requested.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to advise and develop materials to reach new supporters, donors and beneficiaries, as well as maintain engagement with existing ones.
- Provide editorial and proof-reading support to team members and other colleagues.
- Support with the development and monitoring of brand guidelines and key messages.
To be successful in this role you must have professional experience in the field of marketing and communications, including press and media, publications, digital marketing – websites and social media. Ideally you will have gained your experience in the voluntary or statutory sector. You must have experience of managing a team and be able to manage budgets. Experience of networking and developing relationships with organisations is also required.
How to apply
If you are interested please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification to email@example.com
For more information, please download the recruitment pack.
Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families on low incomes raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people. Last year, we provided 150,000 grants or services to families across the UK. We are continuing to adapt to the impact of Covid-19 and are doing everything we can to ensure we provide this essential grant support when it is needed the most.
Family Fund are committed to staff development whilst offering excellent benefits, including flexi-time, competitive annual leave entitlement, a contributory pension scheme and above all a professional, fun working environment where a positive work-life balance is encouraged.
Our commitment to inclusion, equality and diversity
Our vision is to have a culture where we acknowledge and celebrate all differences so our staff, volunteers, and the families we support feel safe and free to be themselves, always. We aim to promote all aspects of diversity, inclusion, and equity and be a great place to work for great people.
Family Fund is a Disability Confident Employer and all disabled applicants who demonstrate that they meet the minimum requirements for the role will be asked to attend an interview. If you have a disability and are happy to inform us, please highlight this in your covering letter (please note that you are under no obligation to inform us).