Salary: £22,733 per annum
Hours: 35 per week (Monday to Friday)
Closing date: 10 December 2021
Interview date: 16 December 2021
Location: Combination of office based / home working, you need to live a commutable distance to the office in Monks Cross, York
(Please note that due to Covid-19 all our interviews are taking place virtually on Microsoft Teams for the foreseeable future. This vacancy is for a role at our parent charity, Family Fund, of which Family Fund Business Services is a subsidiary).
Are you looking for a role where your communications, marketing and leadership skills can directly benefit tens of thousands of families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people? Would you like to join a team that is determined to continue to provide vital services to those in need during these unprecedented times?
We are looking for a Communications Officer to join our Communications and Marketing Department.
In this role you will help develop and deliver audience-focused online and offline content and campaigns that will drive awareness, income and key audience engagement. You will provide editorial support and guidance to wide-ranging internal teams, using writing and editorial skills to contribute to the delivery of Family Fund’s objectives.
Other duties include:
- Work with the Head of Group Communications & Marketing to support the development and implementation of Family Fund’s communications and marketing strategies, including identifying messages and plans for engaging with key audiences.
- Work with the Head of Group Communications and Marketing, Communications and Marketing Manager, Graphic Design team and Senior Content and Story Officer to support all communications and marketing strategies and campaigns
- Produce communications results which meet the needs of teams across the organisation against their planned objectives.
- Write engaging and relevant content, such as news stories, campaign copy, email newsletters, website pages, external articles, press releases, social media posts and articles for publications and other organisations’ channels, to reach identified new supporters, donors and beneficiaries, as well as maintain engagement with existing ones.
- Deliver Family Fund materials, reports and online content
- Have a strong understanding of the context which Family Fund works in, and the political, social and financial context in which it exists, in order to inform tone and content of our work, including campaigns, blogs, articles and other longer-form writing.
- Provide editorial guidance and editing/proof-reading to ensure external content is in line with Family Fund brand guidelines, advising other teams working with external audiences on how to consider those audiences’ perspective in their writing and strengthen their key messages.
To be successful in this role you need to have experience of writing content for wide-ranging audiences for a public-facing organisation. You also need experience of editing and proof-reading the work of others. You must have knowledge of website content managements systems and social media and be confident in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required along with strong digital communications skills and editing and copy writing skills.
How to apply
If you are interested please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please download the job description.
Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families on low incomes raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people. Last year, we provided 150,000 grants or services to families across the UK. We are continuing to adapt to the impact of Covid-19 and are doing everything we can to ensure we provide this essential grant support when it is needed the most.
Family Fund are committed to staff development whilst offering excellent benefits, including flexi-time, competitive annual leave entitlement, a contributory pension scheme and above all a professional, fun working environment where a positive work-life balance is encouraged.
Our commitment to inclusion, equality and diversity
Our vision is to have a culture where we acknowledge and celebrate all differences so our staff, volunteers, and the families we support feel safe and free to be themselves, always. We aim to promote all aspects of diversity, inclusion, and equity and be a great place to work for great people.
Family Fund is a Disability Confident Employer and all disabled applicants who demonstrate that they meet the minimum requirements for the role will be asked to attend an interview. If you have a disability and are happy to inform us, please highlight this in your covering letter (please note that you are under no obligation to inform us).