Salary – £28,000 – £35,000
Contract – Fixed term contract (12 months)
Closing date: 22 November 2020
Interview dates: 30 November and 1 December 2020 (please note that due to Covid-19 all our interviews are taking place virtually for the foreseeable future)
Are you looking for a role where you can directly benefit tens of thousands of families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people? Would you like to join a team that is determined to continue to provide vital services to those in need during these unprecedented times?
Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families on low incomes raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people, with over 89,000 grants and services worth over £33 million provided in 2018/19. We are continuing to adapt to the impact of Covid-19 and are doing everything we can to ensure we provide this essential grant support when it is needed the most. Joining the team at this time, you will play a vital role in ensuring the organisation is able to reach it’s aims and objectives in a compliant manner.
As a Software Developer your role will be to develop, implement, support and maintain the Group’s internally developed software systems.
Main duties include:
- Ensure that the build, architecture and technical design of internally developed information systems, meet organisational objectives.
- Develop high quality, resilient and scalable systems in line with requirements and specifications.
- Contribute to the requirements gathering and systems analysis process. Engage with organisational stakeholders as required.
- Build user friendly interfaces that are simple to use and satisfy business requirements.
- Design and build systems in a way that supports the organisation’s testing processes.
- Design systems following a robust security model.
- Provide support and maintenance for internally developed systems.
- Apply any system changes in line with organisational change control procedures.
- Contribute to occasional out of hour’s maintenance and support.
- Maintain the organisation’s Systems Register detailing critical systems used by the Group, and identify, analyse and manage risks associated with those systems.
- Ensure that the Group’s systems and data comply with all legal requirements, including those relating to data protection and information security.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and support the development of business cases for potential new systems, services or developments.
- Maintain a robust development environment, ensuring that new or modified software is fully tested before deployment into production and that full control is maintained over test and production data and version control for software code.
- Ensure comprehensive and effective documentation is in place for all management information systems, projects, bespoke developments, configurations, change and service requests.
- Contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery plans for all internally developed critical information systems and support in ensuring that these are regularly tested.
- Support in development of appropriate database schemas.
Self-motivated and objective focused, you should have good problem solving skills and an ability to work independently but also have the interpersonal skills to work as part of a wider team and influence staff at all levels. You should also be able to manage conflicting priorities and work to strict deadlines.
For more information, please read the job description.
This role would ordinarily be based at our offices in Monk’s Cross (York) however, as a result of Covid-19, we have transitioned this team to enable them to work effectively from home. Here at Family Fund the health and wellbeing of our staff is of paramount importance and as a home-worker you will be given all the support you need to join our team remotely, and transition back into the office when it is appropriate to do so
Here at Family Fund we are committed to staff development whilst offering excellent benefits, including flexi-time, competitive annual leave entitlement (which increases with length of service), yearly salary reviews which are linked to performance, and above all a professional, fun working environment where a positive work-life balance is encouraged.
This truly is a varied and interesting role that provides a real opportunity to join a team directly impacting the lives of children and young people across the UK. If it sounds like something of interest, please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com.