BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Programme supports children and young people who are facing exceptionally difficult circumstances, and is delivered by Family Fund Business Services. The programme provides items that meet a child’s most basic needs such as a bed to sleep in, a cooker to provide a hot meal and other items or services critical to a child’s wellbeing.
All applications must be made by a registered referrer.
Programme status update
The BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Programme has now reopened, operating as normal, and we aim to process applications within 10 working days.
As usual, please only contact us about an application if absolutely necessary, to prevent delays to that application being processed.
You can contact us via email (stating your application ID if possible) at email@example.com or call us on 01904 550011 between 9.30am and 3.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Programme longevity- a tiered strategy
Before you apply, please be aware there is now a tiered strategy in place to ensure we can achieve programme longevity and reach underrepresented areas again this year.
Each region or nations has a tier allocation, which may be subject to change, as the current funding year progresses.
We recommend checking our guidance document here for any changes to this tier allocation before making an application, or registering throughout the year.
Thank you for your support for this vital programme, to help us reach people most in need.
Who can we help?
- Children and young people up to and including the age of 17 who are experiencing a crisis or emergency and live in the UK.
- We can only accept one application per household within a 12 month period.
Who are we unable to help?
- Adults aged 18 and over.
- Children and young people who do not live in the UK.
- Those who are leaving care who have access to separate, specific statutory provision.
- Children and young people who do not meet the residence criteria as defined by the programme.
Please read our Emergency Essentials Referrer Guidelines for more details.
How we help
We can deliver or fund critical items such as:
- Kitchen equipment and small appliances.
- Children’s beds and bedding (including cots).
- Washing machines and tumble dryers.
- Fridges, freezers and fridge-freezers.
- Baby equipment.
How to apply
Applications must be completed by a registered referrer who is part of an organisation that is supporting the family or young person and capable of assessing their needs. The referrer’s organisation should also be able to administer and supervise the grant on our behalf.
Family Fund Business Services has to work within specific criteria whilst aiming to provide a flexible grant programme to assist those most in need. Please read our guidelines before applying.
For more information, contact us via email (stating your application ID if possible) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01904 550011, between 9.30am and 3.00pm, Monday to Friday.