Family Fund Business Services are working in collaboration with BBC Children in Need to deliver the Emergency Essentials programme supporting children and young people living with severe poverty as well as additional pressures such as domestic violence, disability or poor health in the family.
It is a referrer only programme and applications can only be made by registered referrers.
Who can we help?
- Children up to the age of 18
- UK or EU citizens who are normally resident in the UK
- Vulnerable children and young people who are experiencing a crisis or emergency.
Who are we unable to help?
- Adults aged 18 and over
- Applicant who does not meet income criteria as defined by the programme
- Young people who are leaving care who can access funding under provisions of Children (Leaving Care) Act, 2000
- Children and young people who do not meet the residence criteria as defined by the programme.
Please read our Emergency Essentials Referrer Guidelines for more details.
How we help
We can deliver or fund critical items such as:
- Gas or electric cookers
- Essential household items
- Furniture and kitchen equipment
- Children’s beds and bedding
- Washing machines
- Fridges and freezers
- Baby equipment
- Clothing in exceptional or emergency situations.
How to apply
Applications must be completed by a registered referrer who is part of an organisation that is supporting the family or young person and capable of assessing their needs. The referrer’s organisation should also be able to administer and supervise the grant on our behalf.
Family Fund Business Services has to work within specific criteria whilst aiming to provide a flexible grant programme to assist those most in need. Please read our guidelines before applying.
For more information, please call 01904 550011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org