BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Programme supports children and young people who are facing exceptionally difficult circumstances, and is delivered by Family Fund Business Services. The programme provides items that meet a child’s most basic needs such as a bed to sleep in, a cooker to provide a hot meal and other items or services critical to a child’s wellbeing.
All applications must be made by a registered referrer.
Unable to accept new registrations in the North and Central regions
Due to exceptionally high demand for Emergency Essentials grants, we are temporarily unable to accept new registrations applications in the North and Central regions of England.
We are inviting potential new referrers to sign up to our waiting list, you can contact us via email at email@example.com and the Partnerships team will be in contact as soon as the Programme can re-open to new registrations.
Thank you for your support and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Coronavirus Update – Emergency Essentials Programme
The Emergency Essentials Programme is currently operating as normal and we aim to process applications within 10 working days.
In order to reduce delays, we ask that you only contact us about an application if absolutely necessary.
You can contact us via email (stating your application ID if possible) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01904 550011 between 9.30am and 1.00pm.
Who can we help?
- Children and young people up to and including the age of 17 who are experiencing a crisis or emergency and live in the UK.
- We can only accept one application per household within a 12 month period.
Who are we unable to help?
- Adults aged 18 and over.
- Children and young people who do not live in the UK.
- Those who are leaving care who have access to separate, specific statutory provision.
- Children and young people who do not meet the residence criteria as defined by the programme.
Please read our Emergency Essentials Referrer Guidelines for more details.
How we help
We can deliver or fund critical items such as:
- Kitchen equipment and small appliances.
- Children’s beds and bedding (including cots).
- Washing machines and tumble dryers.
- Fridges, freezers and fridge-freezers.
- Baby equipment.
How to apply
Applications must be completed by a registered referrer who is part of an organisation that is supporting the family or young person and capable of assessing their needs. The referrer’s organisation should also be able to administer and supervise the grant on our behalf.
Family Fund Business Services has to work within specific criteria whilst aiming to provide a flexible grant programme to assist those most in need. Please read our guidelines before applying.
For more information, contact us via email (stating your application ID if possible) at email@example.com or call us on 01904 550011 between 9.30am and 1.00pm