BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Programme supports children and young people who are facing exceptionally difficult circumstances, and is delivered by Family Fund Business Services. The programme provides items that meet a child’s most basic needs such as a bed to sleep in, a cooker to provide a hot meal and other items or services critical to child’s wellbeing.
All applications must be made by a registered referrer.
Due to the high demand for BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials grants, we can now only accept one application per household within a 12 month period.
The application for each household will take into account the needs of all children under the one application, it does not mean only one child per household can be supported.
For more information on applying, please read the Referrer Guidelines.
Who can we help?
- Vulnerable children and young people up to the age of 18 who are experiencing a crisis or emergency.
- UK or EU citizens who are normally resident in the UK.
(Discretion may be given where a child or young person, or their family, have an asylum application under assessment or in circumstances where residency criteria is not consistent across the family unit).
Who are we unable to help?
- Adults aged 18 and over.
- Those who do not meet income criteria as defined by the programme.
- Those who are leaving care who have access to separate, specific statutory provision.
- Children and young people who do not meet the residence criteria as defined by the programme.
Please read our Emergency Essentials Referrer Guidelines for more details.
How we help
We can deliver or fund critical items such as:
- Electric cookers
- Kitchen equipment and small appliances
- Children’s beds and bedding (including cots)
- Washing machines and tumble dryers
- Fridges, freezers and fridge-freezers
- Baby equipment
How to apply
Applications must be completed by a registered referrer who is part of an organisation that is supporting the family or young person and capable of assessing their needs. The referrer’s organisation should also be able to administer and supervise the grant on our behalf.
Family Fund Business Services has to work within specific criteria whilst aiming to provide a flexible grant programme to assist those most in need. Please read our guidelines before applying.
For more information, please call 01904 550011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org