Support for individuals

Family Fund Business Services work with local authorities, housing associations and charities to distribute grant funding. We are unfortunately unable to process individual requests for support.

If you’re an individual looking for financial support or grant items, there are a number of organisations that may be able to help.

Citizens Advice is a network of local charities which provides free, confidential advice online, over the phone and in-person. They provide resources on how to apply for benefits, deal with debt and get help with housing. Visit the Citizens Advice website to find out more about how they can help you.

You may be entitled to benefits and other financial support from the government. Check which benefits you are eligible for on the government website here.

Help for Households offers advice on how to cope with the cost of living, including tips on how to save money on your energy bills and information about government support. Visit the website here.

Many Local Authorities have schemes in place which offer crisis support to individuals facing financial hardship. Find your local council here.

Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship get access to benefits, charitable grants and support services. Visit the Turn2us website to see what support services you may be eligible for.

StepChange is the UK’s leading debt advice charity. Offering free, impartial and non-judgmental advice, StepChange can provide debt information online, or you can contact them for help over the phone. Visit their website here.

Trussell Trust is a nationwide network of more than 1,200 food bank centres. They provide emergency food, and support, to people locked in poverty. Visit the Trussell Trust website to find your local Trussell Trust food bank.

Are you raising a seriously ill or disabled child? You may be eligible to receive a grant from our parent charity, Family Fund. Visit the Family Fund website for more information.